学习啦 淑娟 2020-07-27 14:18:31
Everything is good when new， but friend when old。东西新的好，朋友老的好。
A friend in court is better than a penny in purse。囊中有钱，不如朝中有友。
A friend is never known till a man has need。不到患难时，永远不能认识真正的朋友。
Friendship multiplies joys and divides griefs。友谊可以增添欢乐，可以分担忧愁。
Books， like friends， should be few and well chosen。书籍如朋友，应该少而精。
A life without a friend is a life without a sun。人生在世无朋友，犹如生活无太阳。
Be slow in choosing a friend; slower in changing。选择朋友要审慎，摒弃更要审又慎。
A thousand friends are few， one enemy is too many。朋友千人尚觉少，仇敌一人犹嫌多。
A good book is a best friend who never turns his back upon us。一本好书，莫逆之交。
A joke never gains an enemy but often loses a friend。开玩笑总不能化敌为友，反而有时会失去朋友。
A friend exaggerates a man's virtue， an enemy his crimes。朋友宣扬人的美德，敌人夸大人的罪过。
We can live without a brother， but not without a friend。我们生活中可以没有兄弟，但不能没有朋友。
We can live without our friends， but not without our neighbours。生活可无友，邻居不能无。
Friends are like fiddle-strings， they must not be screwed too tight。朋友像琴弦，不能太拧紧。
Admonish your friends in private， praise them in public。在私底下要忠告你的朋友，在公开场合又表扬你的朋友。
Trust not the praise of a friend， nor the contempt of an enemy。不要信赖朋友的赞扬，也不要仇敌的轻蔑放在心上。
A father is a treasure， a brother is a comfort， but a friend is both。父亲是财富，兄弟是安慰，朋友兼而有之。
God defend me from my friends; form my enemy I can defend myself。上帝保护我不受朋友的伤害，我自己可以保护自己不受敌人的伤害。
Thy friend has a friend and thy friend's friend has a friend so be discreet。你的朋友有朋友，朋友的朋友又有朋友，所以要谨慎小心。
In time of prosperity， friends will be plenty; In time of adversity， not one amongst twenty。富在深山有远亲，穷在闹市无人。
● A man must eat a peck of salt with his friends before he knows him.
● Friends are like fiddle-strings, they must not be screwed too tight.
● If you would make an enemy, lend a man money and ask it of him again.
● An enemy who lies at thy feet begging forgiveness must not feel thy sword.
● Write down the advice of him who loves you, though you like it not at present.
● God defend [deliver] me from my friends; from my enemies I can [will] defend myself.
● True friendship is like sound health, the value of which is seldom known until it be lost.
● A life without a friend is like a life without a sun.
● Fire is the test of gold, adversity of friendship.
● Friendship is like wine ——the older the better.
● No friendship lives long that owes its rise to the pot.
● It is good to have some friends both in heaven and hell.
● Before you make a friend, eat a bushel of salt with him.
● He that dallies with enemy gives him leave to kill him.
● One enemy can do more hurt than ten friends can do good.
● Though thy enemy seem a mouse, yet watch him like a lion.
● One enemy [fee] is too many; and a hundred friends too few.
● He is a good friend that speaks well of us behind our backs.
● He that lies down [sleeps] with dogs must rise up with fleas.
● There is more danger from a pretended friend than from an enemy.
● If we are bound to forgive an enemy, we are not bound to trust him.
● In time of prosperity, friends will be plenty.
● He that hath a full purse never wanted a friend.
● Have but few friends, though many acquaintances.
● A friend in court is better than a penny in purse.
● Nothing is dearer to a man than a friend in need.
● A near friend is better than a fardwelling kinsman.
● I will be thy friend, but not thy vices’ friend.
● Prosperity makes friends and adversity tries them.
● An enemy’s mouth seldom speaks well.
● A courageous foe is better than a cowardly friend.
● Who shows mercy to an enemy denies it to himself.
● A friend that frowns is better than a smiling enemy.
● He should have a long spoon that sups with the devil.
● The best mirror is an old friend.
● There is no better looking-glass than an old friend.