学习啦>学习英语>专业英语>金融英语>

金融英语口语:Currency option

焯杰分享

  下面是学习啦小编为大家带来金融英语口语:Currency option,欢迎大家阅读!

  T:We are happy to have Mr. David Long here with us today.

  教:今天我们很高兴地请到了英国某商业银行的大卫.朗先生。

  Mr. Long is from a merchant bank in Britain. He will be talking about the organization of his bank.

  朗先生给大家介绍一下他所在银行的组织体系。

  L:I feel honoured to be talking with you today. I'd like to begin with your questions.

  朗:我今天非常荣幸地与大家在一起聚谈聚谈。我希望同学们现在就提问。

  S:Where is your bank located?

  学:请问贵银行位于什么地方?

  L:In London, the capital of Britain.

  朗:伦敦,英国的首都。

  S:Could you give us a brief overview of your bank's history?

  学:您能给我们讲讲贵银行的历史概况吗?

  L:Yes, of course. We were established as long ago as 1869.

  朗:当然行啦!我们的银行早在1869年就有了。

  Now, it is being operated as one of the major merchant banks in the City.

  现在它是伦敦几家最重要的商业银行之一了。

  S:How is your bank organized?

  学:请问贵行是如何组成的呢?

  L:Well, that is really a big question.

  朗:啊,这可是一个很大的问题呀!

  S:Let me put it in this way. How many divisions are there in your bank?

  学:我就这么问吧。请问贵行有多少部门?

  L:All together, there are six large divisions. They are Administration Division,

  朗:总共分六大部门。分别是:行政管理部,

  Investment Management Division, Banking Division, Corporate Finance Division,

  投资管理部,银行营业部,公司财务部,

  Dealing Division and the last one, Leasing Division. Now, let me explain them one by one.

  证券交易部以及最后一个租赁部。现在,我就逐个来作一些解释说明。

  First, Alministration Division. It looks after all administrative matters, such as planning,

  首先是行政管理部,该部负责管理事务,诸如计划制定,

  group financial control, accounting and audit, computer services, legal services and so on.

  集团财务控制,会计及审计,计算机服务,法律顾问等等事务。

  S:Is that what we call cost centre services?

  学:这是不是我们通常所称的“成本中心服务”呢?

  L:Yes, you are right. That's cost centre services. And then, there's the Banking Division.

  朗:是的,你说得对!这正是成本项目服务,接下来,就是银行营业员,

  This is easy to understand, right?

  这不难解理吧!

  S:You mean, as in China, the Banking Division in your bank deals with loans, overdrafs,

  学:您的意思是,就像中国的银行那样,贵行的该部门专门处理贷款呀,透支呀,

  documentary credits and correspondent banking?

  书面信贷啦等相应的银行业务?

  L:Just the same. Now, let's talk about Dealing Division. The activities of Dealing Division includeforeign exchange,

  朗:正是如此。现在我来介绍一下证券交易部。该部门主要的工作就是进行外汇兑换,

  currency options, money market transactions, bonds, floating rate notes, Eurodollar CD,...

  外汇期权交易,金融市场交易,债券,浮动汇率单以及欧元CD等...

  S:Eurodollar CDs?

  学:欧元CD?

  L:CD stands for Certificate of Deposit, while Eurodollar means US dollar in a European bank.

  朗:CD是英文中“存款单”的简称,而欧元指的是欧洲银行的美元,

  Eurodollar is used for trade within Europe.

  用于欧洲国家之间的各种贸易。

  S:Oh, I see. Next, how about your Corporate Finance Division?

  学:噢,我明白了。接下来请讲贵行的公司财务部。

  L:They provide advice to most UK and international companies.

  朗:它的任务是为英国及许多国际公司的提供金融咨询。

  In the past several years, our Corporate Finance Division has expanded quite rapidly.

  在过去的几年里,这个部门的业务发展非常之快。

  S:What kind of advice do they provide?

  学:那么提供几个方面的咨询服务呢?

  L:They cover mergers, capital raising, takeovers, acquisitions and divestments, and of course stockmarket.

  朗:诸如公司合并,资本增长企业兼并,公司收购和摆脱某权益,当然还包括股票交易等。

  S:Mum, I follow you now.

  学:嗯,我现在明白了。

  L:There is also an Investment Management Division in our bank.

  朗:接下来要介绍的这个部是投资管理部,

  It offers services to companies, like investment trusts, unit trusts,

  这也是向各公司提供以下这些服务项目:投资信托,单位信托,

  pension funds and offshore funds. Now, let's come to the last division, Leasing Division.

  退休抚恤金及境外资金管理。现在,我们就说说我们银行的最后一个部门,就是租赁部。

  Obviously, it organizes leasing packages for lessors and lessees.

  顾名思义,它的工作就是为出租人和承租人牵线搭桥。

  S:So, that's how you organize your merchant bank in London.

  学:就这样,您就把一个伦敦主要的商业银行运转组织起来了。

  L:Yes, that's what we do.

  朗:正如您说。

  T:Time is up. Mr. David Long, thank you very much for coming here to give us such an imformativelecture.

  教:时间到了。朗先生,感谢您抽出宝贵时间,给我们大家详细介绍了银行的组织体系

    392658