学习啦 淑娟 2020-07-27 14:14:39
● Community of purpose makes friendship.
● Old acquaintance will soon be remembered.
● Without confidence there is no friendship.
● Friendship cannot stand always on one side.
● Friendship should not be all on one side.
● False friends are worse than open enemies.
● A false friend is worse than an avowed enemy.
● False friends are worse than bitter enemies.
● An open enemy is better than a hollow friend.
● Better an open enemy than a false friend.
● Everything is good when new, friends when old.
● Better be alone than in bad company.
● It is better to be alone than in ill company.
● Misery makes strange bedfellows.
● Adversity makes strange bedfellows.
● Adversity acquaints men with strange bedfellows.
● Better without gold than without friend.
● Without a friend, the world is wilderness.
● A man without a friend is only half a man.
● A friend is never known till a man has need.
● A friend is known in necessity.
● At need one sees who his friend is.
● The friend is known in the time of difficulty.
● Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.
● A friend without faults will never be found.
● Good company on the road is the shortest cut.
● No road is long with good company.
● A friend to everybody is a friend to nobody.
● A friend to all is a friend to none.
● Poverty acquaints men with strange bedfellows.
● Poverty makes strange bedfellows.
● Gifts from the enemies are dangerous.
● Trust not a new friend nor an old enemy.
● All are brave when the enemy flies.
● Nothing worse than a familiar enemy.
● Short acquaintance brings repentance.
● A man is known by his friends.
● A man is known by the company he keeps.
● As a man is, so is his company.
● A good friend is my nearest relation.
● A friend in need is a friend indeed.
● A friend is best found in adversity.
● It is good to have friends in trouble.
● All are not friends that speak us fair.
● A friend is not so soon gotten as lost.
● Many friends in general, one in special.
● A true friend is one soul in two bodies.
Flattery brings friends, but the truth begets enmity.
Forgive others but not yourself.
Fortune smiles upon the brave and frowns upon the coward.
Friendless is the dead.
Four eyes see more than two.
Friends are like fiddle-strings, they must not be screwed too tight.
Friends are lost by calling often and calling seldom.
Friends are thieves of time.
Friendship cannot stand always on one side.
Friendship is love with understanding.
Friendship multiplies joys and divides griefs.
Friendship——one soul in two bodies.
Friendship should not be all on one side.
Friendship the older it grows the stronger it is.
Friends may meet, but mountains never greet.
Friends must part.
Have but few friends though many acquaintances.
He is rich enough who has true friends.
I count myself in nothing else so happy as in a soul remem-bering my good friends.
Make your enemy your friend.